Birth Doula services
- Includes 2 prenatal appointments (time permitting). The first visit is a no cost, no obligation meeting for us to get acquainted.
- The second appointment will be a discussion of your birth vision and how we can help you make it happen.
- Doula on-site during actual labor and delivery and for a one hour minimum post partum.
- You may choose to labor at home for part or all of your labor, or we can meet you at the facility of your choice when the time comes.
- If you are planning to breastfeed we will remain with you post partum until you have had time to initiate breastfeeding or until you are comfortable with us leaving.
- Also includes one post-partum visit typically within 2-6 weeks after your birth.
- Includes unlimited phone and e-mail contact before and after delivery.
- Include a very special gift for our families when we come to visit after your baby’s birth.
- Use of our extensive lending library
- Planned Cesarean Support: A woman who is having a planned Cesarean Section can still benefit from the support of a doula. The doula will meet with you once prenatally to discuss any fears you may have and to assist you in developing a birth vision for you and your partner. The doula will meet you at the hospital and remain with you postpartum for a minimum of an hour. She will assist you with breastfeeding in postpartum and will take pictures for you. If permitted by the hospital she will also be an additional support to you in the operating room.
Classes and Instruction
- Comfort Measures for Labor – Includes tips and techniques for coping with discomfort, stress and fatigue during labor.
- Birth Plan Assistance and Comfort Measures for Childbirth: One or two meeting to assist you in creating your birth vision and to educate you and your partner in comfort measures for labor. Designed for couples who do not desire doula support for labor but do desire additional education during the prenatal period.
Postpartum Doula Services: Occasionally we will do postpartum doula work. Postpartum Doula Services include light housekeeping chores, breastfeeding support and baby care assistance/education. Availability varies depending on estimated due dates of birth doula clients. Minimum 4 hour blocks of time. If we are not available for postpartum doula support we do have several back up doulas we can get you in touch with.
Lending Library Available – books are available to borrow for non-clients with a $50 refundable deposit. Books are to be returned no later than 2 weeks post-partum.
We offer a 10% discount for families of active duty military personnel.
Gift Certificates are available and credit card payments through PayPal are also accepted.