You've found Blessed Arrivals, a birth doula service for the greater Pittsburgh area. Blessed Arrivals was founded by Amy Farr and Brenda Cirrincione a sister team of doulas. We strive to offer personalized support and education during your pregnancy, birthing time and beyond.
Blessed Arrivals News
Blessed Arrivals would like to congratulate one of our own doulas on the home birth VBAC of her little boy. Congratulations Sharon Rank! You are an inspiration!
There will also be an extra Hypnobabies series beginning on April 14th in Churchill.
We are holding a Meet the Doula event on Friday March 7th at Shining Light Prenatal Education in Lawrenceville. This is a free family friendly event. Several of our doulas will be on hand to answer questions and tell you about what we do. Registration is appreciated but not necessary. Register here.
We now have several doulas who are focusing on postpartum doula work. This is an exciting change for us as we can now offer more options for families in Pittsburgh. We have both daytime and overnight options available.
Sara Nelis will be attending two great trainings this spring. She is going to a Gena Kirby Rebozo Training and will be available to teach both expecting couples and birth workers how to use the rebozo during birth for comfort techniques and assistance with optimal fetal positioning. She is also attending a Spinning Babies workshop with Gail Tully.
Our doulas cover births from Johnstown, Pa to Youngstown, Oh and from New Castle, Pa to Washington, Pa
Amy was featured a few years ago in a Butler Eagle article about her recent Operation Special Delivery birth.
Operation Special Delivery is a volunteer-
based nonprofit organization that provides doulas to pregnant women whose husbands or partners have been injured or killed in action or are
deployed in the military.
Visit our Facebook page and say hi. There are lots of links and conversations there.
We are pleased to offer a variety of classes and training sessions. We’re also offering several service “bundles” with these services. See our Services page for additional information on these programs:
- Basics of Breastfeeding – a pre-natal class that provides a solid foundation for the new breastfeeding mother.
- Breastfeeding and the Working Mother – information to help the working mother maintain her sanity and her milk supply.
- Comfort Measures for Labor – tips and techniques for coping with discomfort, stress and fatigue during labor.
- Lamaze Childbirth Classes – A thorough childbirth education series where you will learn about a variety topics related to your pregnancy and childbirth
- Hypnobabies Childbirth Education-A complete childbirth class that also incorporates the use of eyes open hypnosis to allow you to have an easier, more comfortable birthing time.